The LKCA is led by a small voluntary committee, and gets involved, as required, to provide:
- Conduit between LKCA members and DoC, WDC, Police and other agencies.
- Advocacy for amenity and service issues as required (e.g., road, grassy area, seating, DoC campsite, signage maintenance).
- Information dissemination.
- Neighbourhood watch and emergency contacts.
- Recognising trends in increased visitor numbers and subsequent needs of the visiting and residential community.
- Maintaining the well-being of the area and the permanent residents.
- Voluntary weed and rubbish busting.
- Civil emergency preparedness.
- Lake user and safety matters.
- Having a cohesive body to undertake the above.
The LKCA does not get involved with:
- What others do on their own properties.
- Controversial issues which could polarize residents and holiday home owners.
- Being ‘lake police’.
Please remember some of these basics:
- The Association was formed to give your concerns, sanctioned by your peers, support and momentum.
- If you strongly believe in an issue, take ownership, present it and follow it through.
- The Association committee and regular meeting attendees are there to support you, but cannot do all the work!
- Local residents are willing to help you with local information.
- Local residents are continuing neighbourhood watch activities throughout the year.
Get involved - see Join LKCA